IMPORTANT: This remote opportunity is limited to the UK. We won't consider candidates outside the UK due to legal restrictions.
At Techspert.io, we are building the world's leading AI platform for knowledge exchange. Our goal is to create a system that can identify what people know and how that knowledge relates to other areas. As a Senior Full-stack Engineer, you will be working on our frontend applications, providing an interface to our advanced search technology so our users can find the best experts for their project.
As part of your daily work, you will be:
- Developing new features, backend to frontend, that will improve our users' workflow
- Working with our Product and Data Science teams to come up with the best technical solutions
- Integrating the latest version of our advanced Search tools into our user applications
- Refining our architecture so it becomes more efficient and easy to use
- Building and maintaining our APIs to ensure reliability and consistency
This is a Full-stack position, so you'll be working both on frontend (Angular, SASS) and backend (Node.js, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB).
We would love to work with someone who is:
- Action-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate to learn new skills and technologies
- A strong communicator, presenter and collaborator
- Driven, hardworking and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take charge of your time and meet deadlines
- At least 4 years into your engineering career
And we would expect you to bring these skills and knowledge into the team:
- Experience in designing and developing scalable applications with Angular and Node
- Experience working with commercial applications in production environments
- Deep knowledge of architecture and design patterns for the frontend (e.g. data flows, components, modules)
- Deep knowledge of architecture and design patterns for the backend (e.g. configuration, REST, distributed systems)
- Working knowledge of Typescript, both on frontend and backend
- Working knowledge of AWS services like Lambda and DynamoDB
- Working knowledge of CI/CD, deployment tools and monitoring services
We are looking for someone with at least a BSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree. We are open to consider candidates without formal education, but we would require 6 years of commercial experience in a similar role.